Know the importance of Health Insurance in Covid 19 Times
With the number of Covid cases rising quickly in the nation, the Indian government is taking all the essential measures to check its spread. The fundamental driver of stress is that nobody is immune to the infection, and numerous carriers of the virus are out without even showing any symptoms. Other than Coronavirus, several other ailments can put your life in danger too during the Coronavirus flare-up like stroke, hypertension, and other lifestyle diseases. Therefore, at the point when you don’t have the foggiest idea of how to deal with your money if any medical emergency strikes, extensive medical coverage will act the hero.
People nowadays are conscious about their health, and with the flare-up of Covid-19, everybody has gotten more cautious against the chance of sudden circumstances setting off abruptly. This has resulted in the need to have a security cover that will give monetary aid during health-related crises. Thus, the importance of health insurance in Covid 19 times has significantly increased.
Health insurance plans are simply the wellbeing nets that help shield and your family. Before buying a health care coverage plan, it is fundamental to complete the ground research work, compare and analyse different health plans, have a thorough understanding of all the clauses and comprehend what the plan covers.
A health insurance plan will furnish you with complete coverage during any health-related crisis in the Covid-19 pandemic. Here are a couple of essential things to think about the scope of a health insurance plan:
- Inclusion for Pre-existing Diseases: Most of the insurance companies covers pre-existing diseases that you may be suffering before buying health insurance. The pre-existing conditions usually include hypertension, liver diseases, asthma thyroid and diabetes. There is a particular waiting period to avail the advantages for such ailments. IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) expresses that the waiting period can’t surpass four years. IRDAI has additionally changed the meaning of pre-existing diseases. Any illnesses diagnosed within six months of the insurance policy won’t be treated as a pre-existing disease.
- Prompt Cashless Hospitalisation: Health Insurance offers cashless hospitalisation in case you suffer from any critical illness. Under which there is no compelling reason to deposit money before hospitalisation. You can begin with your treatment without agonising over cash. The insurance provider will handle the expenses according to the opted terms and conditions of the policy.
- Pre and Post Hospitalisation charges: Health insurance policies also covers pre and post hospitalisation expenses. Whether it’s a planned hospitalisation such as OPD charges, doctor’s fee, room rent, ambulance charges or sudden emergency or getting treatment for heart disease, all such expenses will be covered by the insurance company.
- Inclusion for In-Patient Treatment and Transportation Fee: Most of the health insurance plans offer nursing charges, room rent, ICU and other medical costs identified with hospitalisation. The room rent, in some instances, is treated as a sub-limit provision in the insurer’s coverage. Therefore, this sub-limit is pertinent on room rent on a per-day basis. The transportation expense, including ambulance charges, are likewise covered by the insurer. Hence, it is advised that you take a gander at the inclusions and exclusions in the policy before purchasing it.
- Yearly Health Check-ups: Under specific health insurance plans, you are offered yearly health check-ups that are treated as exclusive benefits. These check-ups include urine tests, blood sugar tests, ECG yearly and cholesterol tests. With health insurance coverage, you can set aside your savings from getting spend on various tests each year. Moreover, such tests likewise alert you about the danger of critical illnesses in the future.
- Inclusion for Day-care Procedures and Domiciliary Treatment:With the advancement in technology, numerous medical procedures and therapies can now be able to get completed within 24 hours. Hence, procedures like cataract, chemotherapy, radiotherapy and dialysis are covered under day-care treatments by the health insurance providers.
Domiciliary treatment alludes to a circumstance where your treatment at home will be considered as hospital treatment. However, specific parameters will impact domiciliary treatment:
- If the condition of the insured person is such that he or she can’t be taken to a hospital.
- Lack of availability of rooms in hospitals.
The health insurance plan covers all the costs according to the terms and conditions of the policy.
Overall, health insurance indeed helps in saving money that could get drained into medical emergencies. It implies that you don’t have to depend on anyone for financial assistance and can proceed for your treatment without worrying much while focussing on the recovery. In the present situation, where there is no particular time or date for Covid 19 cure or medication, the importance of health insurance in Covid 19 times is a primary aspect to think about. Also, it is necessary to keep yourself safe and be financially prepared for the worst situation, and hence a health insurance plan is required. If you want to know more about health insurance plans and offers, visit BimaKaro.in today and clarify all your doubts.